Wald-Utal Aluminum Stock Straightener
The Wald-Utal Stock Straightener assures optimum substrate preparation prior to application of reflective license plate sheeting in the blanking operation.
With its compact, multi-roller metal reforming system, this component is designed to remove edge irregularities in the metal substrate and to straighten the material. This improves performance of the Applicator/Registry system and enhances quality of finished plates. The Wald-Utal Stock Straightener features a seven-roll system with material sensing and motion control for smooth and consistent substrate detection and a Modulating Drive System to regulate substrate feed through the straightener. The Wald-Utal Stock Straightener is intelligently connected to the central control system of the Wald-Utal Blanking Line and can be both monitored and controlled from the touchscreen of the central control panel or the integrated HMI. This built-in feature provides the user or operator more precise control of settings to ensure the highest quality license plate blanks.
- Installed in-line with the Wald-Utal Blanking Line to maintain synchronous control
- Specially engineered for straightening of license plate coil stock
- Straightens nominal 12” wide coil stock with a thickness capacity of .018"-.125"
- Can be monitored and controlled from the central control touchscreen of the Wald-Utal blanking line
- Includes controls for both forward and reverse operation
- Substrate detection stops the unit and line in the event material supply is exhausted
- Seven (7) adjustable, hardened and precision-ground straightening rolls ensure metal substrate quality
- Detection of the outfeed material loop controls the straightener drive motor, ensuring sufficient substrate supply to the Applicator
- In accordance with CE safety guidelines, the unit is fitted with guarding and warnings that protect the user from the danger of contact with all pinch points