Wald-Utal Dual-Head Applicator System
The Wald-Utal Dual-Head Applicator System is designed specifically for the application of two separate continuous length rolls of pressure-sensitive reflective license plate sheeting and overlaminate, or similar material, to the metal substrate.
One Applicator applies the reflective license plate sheeting to the aluminum substrate and the second applies a clear protective overlaminate film to the construction, thus ensuring durability and weather resistance of the license plate graphics. The Dual-Head Applicator provides efficiency in the production of digitally printed license plate sheeting by eliminating the need for a separate, offline laminator. The Wald-Utal Applicator System incorporates automatic, on-the-fly, edge-sensing web guiding to ensure that the sheeting is positioned accurately on the substrate as it moves through the application process. The guiding system is driven by powerful electronics to ensure the most accurate guiding of the reflective sheeting at the full production speed of the Blanking Line.
- Maximum application speed of 2.3 ft/s (0.7 m/s)
- Maximum application width of 13 in (330 mm)
- Compressed air supply: 6 to 8 bar
- Integrated infeed and outfeed loop controls
- IEC 61131-3 compliant PLC controls
- Includes warning indicators displayed on the intrated panel and central control
- Servo controlled drive system regulated outfeed speed to match production demands of the press and feed system